This project is archived and is in readonly mode.

#579 ✓invalid
Jason Swing

Invalid Quantifier in Foreign Launguage

Reported by Jason Swing | June 22nd, 2011 @ 10:45 PM

I came across this error in FireFox: invalid quantifier, mootools-core.js (line 349)
and this error in IE: unexpected quatifier, mootools-more.js (line 13541)
Other browsers seemed unaffected.

How to reproduce:

I added the full mootools core 1.3.2 and the full mootools more 1.3.2.1 to a blank HTML page. Absolutely no other javascript was included. I then loaded the page in the browser and recieved the previously mentioned errors.

<!DOCTYPE HTML>
<html>
<head>
    
    <title>TEST</title>
    
    <script type="text/javascript" src="js/mootools-core.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="js/mootools-more.js"></script>
    
</head>
<body>
</body>
</html>

Investigation:

I removed the mootools more file and left just mootools core. The issue went away, narrowing down the problem to mootools more.

How I got rid of the error:

I went back to the website and built a new mootools more with everything selected EXCEPT for all the foreign languages (leaving en-US). Issue resolved for now, but I will eventually be needing the foreign languages.

I hope this helped narrow down the problem for whoever gets this ticket.

Comments and changes to this ticket

  • fakedarren

    fakedarren July 16th, 2011 @ 03:19 PM

    • State changed from “new” to “invalid”
    • Assigned user set to “fakedarren”

    Hi Jason

    This should be resolved by including a content-type:

    Can you confirm this fixes the issue? If not, we'll look into it some more.

    Cheers
    Darren

  • fakedarren

    fakedarren July 16th, 2011 @ 03:20 PM

    Silly formatting stole my tag!

      <meta http-equiv="Content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
    
  • Jason Swing

    Jason Swing July 18th, 2011 @ 07:33 PM

    This did not fix the problem, but since you mentioned character encoding it got me thinking. It turns out I had copy and pasted the code from one file to another (don't remember why I did this) and something went wrong with the character encoding during the process. Once I set the character encoding to the correct setting, the issue was resolved. I now know to watch this more closely.

    Thank you for your time.

Create your profile

Help contribute to this project by taking a few moments to create your personal profile. Create your profile »

The MooTools Extensions

People watching this ticket

Pages