This project is archived and is in readonly mode.

#1222 ✓invalid
Nicolais

Bug in element.position IE

Reported by Nicolais | May 3rd, 2011 @ 08:07 AM

i upgraded from 1.2.4 to 1.3.1 with core and more.

The problem is that i position a div overlay with a white field in the center before i changed from 1.2.4 it was centered in all browsers but now in IE it somehow gets a position with alot more px and position it out of the screen so my popup starts at the right side.

@@@function showAjaxContent(url) {

$('ajax-dimmer').show();
$('ajax').getParent().position({position:'centerTop',edge:'centerTop', offset:{y:20}});
$('ajax').getParent().show();
$('ajax').set('load', {
   'evalScripts': true,
    onComplete: function () {
       initTips();
       initializeForms();
    }
}).load(url);

}@@@

Instead of the original position at the center it now goes all the way to the right site and more it basicly makes my site larger and position the element with a left close to 700 px more than it did in 1.2.4.

Can you guys help me out or is it a bug in 1.3.1

Thanks for your time
Nicolai

Comments and changes to this ticket

  • Arian

    Arian May 3rd, 2011 @ 11:26 AM

    Could you try 1.3.2. In this last release Element.Position has been rewritten and maybe it fixes your problem...

  • Nicolais

    Nicolais May 3rd, 2011 @ 12:27 PM

    I know tryed it but it didnt work.

    Its only IE there for some strange reson does it wrong but again it worked fine in 1.2.4

  • Nicolais
  • Nicolais

    Nicolais May 6th, 2011 @ 11:44 AM

    Is there anything new ?

  • Aicke Schulz

    Aicke Schulz May 9th, 2011 @ 05:59 PM

    • Tag set to 1.3.2, element.position, mootools-core

    It seems the rewrite doesn't fixed a bug but made a new one.

    I switched from 1.3.1 to 1.3.2 and now the centered position of the StickWin (Clientcide) Modal doesn't work anymore, it will appear at the end of the page. It worked from 1.2.x until 1.3.1.

    I switched without testing the whole page, because i didn't expected a new bug in an old function.
    I will not do that again.

  • Arian

    Arian May 9th, 2011 @ 07:30 PM

    do you've got a jsfiddle? Unfortunately we didn't have many tests before this rewrite so it was hard to test each case.

  • Aicke Schulz

    Aicke Schulz May 10th, 2011 @ 09:04 AM

    btw my problem was not related to IE but FF3.6.

    But i checked the github repository of clientcide today and found a new version of StickyWin.js from May 01, 2011. And that version seems to fix my problem. The fix seems to be the usage of Object.cleanValues(). Maybe it helps the original poster.

    Sorry for blaming the team ;-)

  • fakedarren

    fakedarren July 16th, 2011 @ 03:38 PM

    • State changed from “new” to “invalid”

Create your profile

Help contribute to this project by taking a few moments to create your personal profile. Create your profile »

Shared Ticket Bins

Pages